How to use PMDG event IDs as custom controls in FSUIPC:
A registered copy of FSUIPC is required!
1. Open FSUIPC and choose the "Buttons + Switches" Tab
2. Activate "Profile Specific" - this custom controls only work for:
PMDG 737 (Download PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf)
PMDG 777 (Download PMDG_777_EVENT_IDs_SP1c.pdf)
.... and create a new profile or add controls to an existing profile
3. Press the button or switch you would like to assign. If your controler or interface card is configured correctly FSUIPC will show the Joystick ID and button number as on the image below. Even if you are running wideclient on a networked pc and a joystick connected to the client.
4. Click "Select for FS Control" to activate the assignment pulldown menu
5. In the pulldown menu choose "<custom Control>"
6. Enter the event ID in the popup mask that will appear for the function you want to use for that button or switch .
7. Enter a parameter for the event ID you want to use (see last page of the PDF files)
For a rotary switch like the mode or range on the EFIS just use parameters as follows:
- 4 positions rotary switch use 0 to 3 - First rotary switch that is recognized by FSUIPC gets the 0, the second the 1 and so on - all with the same event ID
- 7 positions rotary switch use 0 to 6- First rotary switch that is recognized by FSUIPC gets the 0, the second the 1 and so on - all with the same event ID
8. Press ok and enjoy flying your PMDG aircraft !
Remember to make a backup of fsuipc.ini in the modules folder in your fsx folder after everything runs fine ;)
A few Examples :
* a registered copy of FSUIPC is needed !
You are a flightsimulation enthusiast and home cockpit builder ? So join the most recent flight simulation group on facebook. Just klick here.